wisps welts



Late 1984 - 1985: Willem de Kooning paints a triptych. (DK612)
The triptych was for St. Peter's Church in New York City. An assistant pastor had read an article about de Kooning that had appeared in The New York Times Magazine on November 20, 1983 and was struck by de Kooning's comments on the Matisse Chapel at Venice in which he said "I'd like to do something like that if somebody would commission me to do it." (DK612-3) If de Kooning would agree to do the triptych for their church, the church would first display it and if the congregation approved, the church would seek a donor to come up with the $900,000 purchase price. (DK613) The finished triptych was titled Hallelujah and installed behind the altar of the church in the autumn of 1985. Seven weeks later it was removed after complaints from the congregation." from here
(I can no longer remember where this information all comes from etc, it was a while ago, I am trying to compensate further for the rightist hair arrangements, i am so sorry about all that)
"His late style is a moving goodbye. There is no miserly holding on . . . He seems to empty out his art, like the man who wants to give everything away before he dies" -something found in "new York magazine"


I want to see late-period de Kooning paintings in a real life condition please.

I must be terrible old-fashion'd.

Everyone is showing rabid interest in fonts and "design", and trainers, and if not that then , I don't know, maybe conceptual artings, though I don't hate anything of any of those areas, just lack a rabid interest in them. I know myself enough to know what garners rabid interest and what doesn't. Maybe I should just try harder.

(here is something else about mr deKooning: http://artblogbybob.blogspot.com/2008/04/not-fade-away.html

I think there is a 70s period painting somewhere in shizuoka. Other than that, it seems america must be travelled to, but I don't think I would like america, and would need a perpetual supply of ecstasty or tranquil pills to cope with it all. But america, I have been to you in several dreams and it wasn't all bad. But america, "go fuck yourself with your atom bomb" // in the meantime -- america, I am quoting one of your own poets so don't get offended / america, I love a whole big bunch of your poets / and your painters / though quite a few are actually from europe / it is hard to tell quite what you are america / I love you really america / and I like milkshakes

+ anthony braxton

No comments:

Post a Comment