reading Robin Blaser's Image-Nation 19 (the wand ] probable awry #1 attempt at something that will expand

inspired by wife-woman tumbling this: http://miotropolis.tumblr.com/post/134660503159/die-wand-jaime-le-livre-sappelle-die-wand
and my twittering on it here: https://twitter.com/LmthwL/status/673679216299212802

and you may as well read the poem itself, though if you can't, is it not online (i'm not typing the whole thing out) perhaps I can find a reading of it.

I can't find but here are all sorts: http://writing.upenn.edu/pennsound/x/Blaser.php I love his lectures, and his late poems, such as this Image-Nation, have the feel of a good lecture, or what I imagine one to be, the bringing together disparate thoughts, finding connections, causing a sort of iridescence of inspiration. A stilled fervour, such as is found in writing.

I note now what I noted in twitter, "(the wand" quotes Michel Serres, with no reference, but again quotes, as though directly, the same passage in image-nation 25. I have nothing to say about this currently.

Let me turn to the fact there was a strip of some card with notes on I had made, marking image-nation 19, yet the notes must correspond to something else.

nevertheless I will transcribe the notes:

114/127 (no idea what this corresponds to)


memory kiss (aww)

- party tricks

water ice

gills

belly button__ (still no idea what this corresponds to)

doesn't hate hold
most water? - spice too? / (no idea sorry)

period of amplification
of every sound
magnification of
every sight -- (I had crossed out "space", replaced with "sight") (probable LB8 WIP notes)

^^
well: here's a photograph:

is also "human viewpoint redundant" sideways, and the other sideways, I think partly kanji scrawl of indian district of tokyo, for getting good food etc, I must have seen on the tv, and upside down "let's not remind us, so far along the way--" which probably corresponds to LB5 WIP


but to the poem, the 19th Image-Nation (the wand . . . how many Image-Nations were there eventually? was 25 (Exody the last? -- in any case 19 and 25 almost start the same, as noted above. Who is Michel Serres? I know the name but otherwise I must look up, let us do so now: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michel_Serres it seems he has not been translated much.

the quote from both image-nations: Nothing distinguishes me ontologically from a crystal, a plant, an animal, or the order of the world "simply/ and" Blaser interposes here in I-M 19, but 25 has the whole quote, in italics, as such: it follows from above then: ; we are drifting together towards the noise and the black depths of the universe

Then Blaser writes (I love this bit) celebrate the/ sudden hang-up of our visibility,/ . . . (a little later):

. . . careless unwrapped
(ducis) the solar origin drifts
in the same boat

--- ducis appears to be latin for leader.duke -- referring to the solar origin as true "leader" the drift of the solar system is what "leads" us / gravity/ and meanwhile on earth we deal with our "hang-ups" / throughout this poem and the book "Pell Mell" itself the variance in language from casual to the formal is vivid and quick -- a discourse indeed. and the imagery is also pell mell. So requires little explanation from me. Read it yourself. The thought (his ((poet's)) thought is allowed to be a little more "pell mell" than usual, he is loosening. Is it due to the period in which it was written? Which was? 1981-1988, time of great change a culture (the 80s) somehow forcefully pushed at you (my (de-)formative years by-the-by)

There is an earlier poem where he talks of death as a black disk/ hold on/ I can't find it.
I can never find quotes when I look for them. Later, in fact poem, Great Companions, Robert Duncan: "a bright and terrible disk"/

wow. looking back at "the moth" poems, which I never quite understood, I am seeing  fortelling  this should be obvious though...

I can't be coherent but neither necessarily are these poems. I will fuse a few things together.

the leap (again of language, high/low, we are whittling down the distinctions)

the wand:

...
there we have headed for frying pans
...

Later, in Pell Mell:

poem titled: "hard gemlike flame"




I've always liked the idea of the mind as a
frying pan

What's in it is neither true nor false


like he went through picking bits of the poetries and expanding on them pell mell, maybe he went back and forth, maybe he swoop-swiped!

I follow the example. Who expects things to cohere these days anyhow?


No comments:

Post a Comment